Today, an online presence is essential to all business. Business websites are hosted on the server which should be well managed for the smooth running of the business. Server management involves the maintenance of websites on the server. It is the part of network administration that is based primarily on the aim of keeping the servers updated and running smoothly so that a company’s network faces no problem and all online operations run efficiently. There are several reasons why server management is important. They include:
· It enables the review of backup date as well as keep tabs on proper maintenance of data together with the need for data restoration.
· Microsoft releases update regularly, therefore, server management is important so as to ensure that the servers run on the latest software.
· Server management also involves updating the antivirus which enables the system to run under the security of an active antivirus that is necessary in protecting the stored data against virus among other malwares.
· Also, server management helps to detect any driver problems and correct them before they can develop to major complications.
· Server management enables immediate response to network issues, hardware configuration and data center.
· Lastly, server management enables the server administrator to check for space in the program so as to load more data and programs on the system. This process of checking for adequate space in the server enables the administrator to prevent the system from slowing down.
Proper server management can be judged from the fact that it gives a business the chance to reach zenith. Generally, it enhances the performance of the system and enables it to run without fault.